Position: Business Development Manager
Company: Husch Blackwell LLP
Location: St. Louis, Kansas City or Milwaukee
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY: Husch Blackwell LLP is a full-service litigation and business law firm with multiple locations across the United States, serving clients with domestic and international operations. We have an immediate opening in our St. Louis, Kansas City, or Milwaukee office for a Business Development Manager.
- Leads the sales process, working with various attorneys in the SBU with expertise in the legal areas needed by the prospect or client. Most new client relationships will be transitioned to CRM attorneys after twelve months.
- Drives business development planning and establishes strategic marketing plans in conjunction with unit leaders to achieve marketing and business development objectives.
- Works with attorneys in specific business development opportunities.
- Acts as a coach to lawyers, providing support, training and techniques targeted to achievement of business development goals.
- Coordinates and manages cross-selling opportunities. Includes developing and maintaining in-depth knowledge of attorney experience and expertise, client mix, and industry/trade group activity.
- Evaluates and monitors business development efforts on an ongoing basis. Analyzes marketing and business development programs and adjusts strategy and tactics to increase effectiveness. Tracks business development activities and measures return on investment. Provides regular reports to CBDMO, SBU Director of Business Management, SBU Leader, and other unit attorneys.
- Conducts and manages research of prospective targets, industries, markets and competitors via firm-wide resources, online databases and librarian searches.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or communications. JD or MBA is preferred.
- 10+ years of professional sales experience at progressing levels throughout career.
- Strong business acumen; ability to research and analyze trends in practice/industry and new business opportunities; and ability to develop and execute sales strategies and programs using necessary marketing mix and business development tools.
- Knowledge of Financial Services industry is an asset.
- Excellent problem solving capabilities and a track record of good decision making.
- Strong sales abilities are a must, including setting priorities, planning, organization, follow-through, delegation and negotiation skills; and ability to build, manage and track budgets and analyze ROI.
- Proven ability to work effectively under significant time constraints.
- Some travel is required.