Position: Marketing & Client Development Assistant
Company: Shumaker, Look & Kendrick, LLP
Location: Charlotte, NC
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY: The Marketing & Client Development Assistant will provide marketing and client development assistance and support to the Charlotte, North Carolina and Charleston, South Carolina offices. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with great judgement and experience in marketing at a professional services firm.
- Coordinates all aspects of the office sponsorships, memberships and community involvement including tracking marketing department projects for sponsorship spend;
- Coordinates seminars and events;
- Coordinates office awards, attorney rankings and listings and nominations;
- Assists with bio updates to the firm’s website;
- Assists with LinkedIn updates for Charlotte and Charleston attorneys as needed;
- Assists with the offices social media postings to Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter and Clearview Social;
- Maintains Charlotte’s and Charleston’s marketing and BD calendars;
- Responsible for Manufacturing blog posts;
- Assists with requests for proposal (RFP’s) and coordinates marketing materials/packets as needed;
- Coordinates office media and public relations;
- Distributes office press releases using the Cision platform;
- Coordinators offices collateral needs including working with graphic designer;
- Plans Young Professional’s Happy Hours;
- MBC Committee, prepare agendas and take notes;
- Assists with office promotional product orders and coordinates office inventory;
- Assists planning of Knowledge Capability Webinars;
- Assists with new attorney marketing orientation and on-boarding; and
- Assists with research/competitive intelligence on prospective clients.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned by the Chief Business Development Officer.
- Bachelor degree in marketing.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in law firm or professional services marketing preferred.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, social media tools, email newsletter templates, WordPress, etc.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal skills required
- Needs to work well under pressure and be an excellent problem-solver and team player
- Sits frequently, six out of 7.5 hours per day. Siting position static for up to one-half hour at a time.
- Lifts and carries up to 20 pounds occasionally, up to one hour per day.
- Bends and stoops occasionally, up to one-half hour per day.
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
Job Classification: Reports to the Charlotte Chief Business Development Officer.
APPLY ONLINE HEREPosted on 04/23/18