POSITION: Client Development Manager
COMPANY: Ropes & Gray LLP
LOCATION: Boston, MA
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Client Development Manager (CDM) is a highly visible, partner facing position that provides strategic and practical client relationship support for a group of priority clients in the asset management industry. Working closely with the Firm’s senior management and partners, the Director of Client Development (DCC), the CDM will primarily be responsible for helping identify, develop, and implement strategies and tactics to help the Firm develop and expand existing relationships and win new business. The CDM will accomplish this by working with client teams, individual partners, various internal departments, and business support as needed. The CDM will also be involved with initiatives and projects that are aligned with the firm’s Asset Management Industry Group.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIRED:
- Independently manage several client teams in the asset management /private equity industry and support DCC on management of large key client relationships. Help to identify and implement strategies and tactics to improve client satisfaction, expand into new areas of service and grow client revenues.
- Together with client team partner leads, take responsibility for the development and execution of team client plans, including identifying the key objectives and supporting actions for the development of the relationship. Also, create and manage the annual client team budget.
- Organize and actively participate in regular client team meetings both as part of the smaller core client team with the CCL(s) and as part of the fuller client team, including creating agendas, meeting minutes and facilitating follow up.
- Commission client research in support of specific pitches or to enhance client team’s general overall knowledge of the client’s business.
- Regularly monitor news on a client and its market with an eye for opportunities to enhance the client team’s knowledge-base, assist with cross-selling, develop value added training, etc.
- Review monthly client financial reports and develop analysis of key trends for the client team partner lead(s) and the broader client team.
Bachelor's degree; Master of Business Administration degree (MBA), preferred but not required
Senior professional experience with a minimum of 8 years of experience in business development within a large professional services firm.
Qualifications the successful candidate will likely include:
Must be able to set goals and take responsibility for achieving them, to establish credibility with partners, to bring to bear the right mix of confidence, tact and persistence in working with the firm's lawyers around the world.
Track record at securing buy-in, support, and ownership of senior management: affecting change without direct authority.
Please apply online at https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ROPESGRAY&cws=41&rid=2106
Posted on 11/16/18